- Do not place garbage at the curbside until after 6 PM on the night before pickup.
- Do not place garbage on curbside on Friday night or Saturday for a Monday pick-up.
- Please keep garbage in sealed garbage cans because of the stray cats and raccoon problems.
- Big items (furniture, appliances, etc) are only picked up on Fridays.
- Yard waste is picked up on Mondays.
- Recycling varies by areas in the Village
Download the Garbage Pick-up Schedule
For more information regarding garbage rules and schedules please click HERE.
- Put leaves in the street only the day prior to your street scheduled pickup, not any time earlier because leaves may possibly be blown to your neighbors property and can also clog street drains.
- Leaf pickups crews will pass through your street only once – DO NOT PUT LEAVES IN THE STREET AFTER CREW HAS PASSED YOUR ADDRESS.
- DO NOT PARK ON LEAF PILES – FIRES CAN OCCUR FROM HOT EXHAUST SYSTEMS.
- Leaf Pick-up is a village service for Residents only. Landscapers are never permitted to put anything into the village streets at any time.
- No bagging is necessary. Please sweep leaves into the street adjacent to the curb.
- Please do not park on the streets during the scheduled pickup dates to facilitate cleanup efforts.
- There have been complaints that some residents are putting leaves in streets days before the pick-up. Please note, it is a SAFETY issue and thus a violation more than 1 day prior to pick-up.
PORT NORTH SNOW EMERGENCY AND PARKING RESTRICTION GUIDELINES
New legislation was passed at a public hearing held on September 2, 2015 enacting parking restrictions during snow emergencies. It requires all vehicles to be removed from the street when 3 or more inches of snow are anticipated. Village announcements of a snow emergency declaration are sent in advance of pending snowfall via our emergency alert system.
The snow emergency parking restriction is applicable to all Village streets except:
Mill Pond Road; East side of Waterview Drive, and Soundview Drive only between the cross streets of Dock Lane and Waterview Drive.
Residents may stack their cars in their driveways, on lawns, and share driveways with neighbors.
We urge all residents to follow and inform their neighbors of this new law in the interest of safety for our Village. Failure to adhere to the parking restrictions can lead to a summons of up to $250. A copy of the law is available to view on our website www.portwashingtonnorth.org under “Departments/Emergency Management/Winter Storms”
To receive announcements of when a snow emergency is declared, please register with our emergency alert system at www.northshorealert.org.
A few reminders:
- Roads must be kept clear for plowing and accessible for emergency vehicles. Vehicles in violation create a hazard and are subject to police. enforcement. Please avoid all unnecessary travel during this time.
- When shoveling do not put snow in the streets. It is dangerous, illegal, and requires re-plowing.
- Report downed wires or power outages to the PSEG mobile app.OR visit PSEGLINY.COM. and goto “report or view outage”. OR call PSEG Long Island’s Customer Service line at 1-800-490-0075,
- If a snow emergency is declared on a garbage pickup day, do not put garbage or receptables in the street. Also check with our Garbage District to inquire if pickup has been suspended. Their number is 516-883-4447.
- After the snow, property owners are required to clear walks for children, walkers and Post Office deliverers.
- If you are or will be away please make arrangements with a neighbor or contractor to clear snow and check in with neighbors that may be in need of assistance.
- Do not forget to clear Fire Hydrants and School Bus Stops near your home.
Between the period of April 1, 2021 and April 13, 2021, the Contractor shall provide an initial clean-up by removing from the streets listed below all accumulations of dirt, sand, and debris.
|Angler Lane||Driftwood Drive||Avenue C (between 6:00 am -8:00 am)|
|Avenue B||Durbyan Street||Channel Drive (between 5:00 am – 7:00 am)|
|Bay Drive||Fishermans Drive||Cow Neck Road (south side)|
|Boat Lane||Morgan Place||Harbor Road (north side from Shore Rd. to Valley Rd.)|
|Cove Lane||Mill Pond Road||Orchard Street (west side from Ave. B to Pulaski Place)|
|Dock Lane||Old Shore road||Pleasant Ave.|
|Island Court||Radcliff Avenue||Pulaski Place (north side)|
|Marlin Lane||Schooner Lane||Soundview Drive|
|Port Drive||Seagull Lane||Steamboat Drive|
|Sandy Court||Seaview Lane||Valley Road (west side)|
|Smull Place||Waterview Drive|
Schedule of Sweeping Dates for 2021 is as follows:
|April 22||July 1||September 9|
|May 6||July 15||September 23|
|May 20||July 29||October 7|
|June 3||August 12||October 21|
|June 17||August 26|
Click HERE to learn more about the Village’s tree policy.